David Mullich is an accomplished producer with experience ranging from hands-on management of development teams at small, start-up studios to producing hit franchises for some of the game industry’s largest and most successful publishers.
His accomplishments include:
• Directing development of children’s entertainment websites and casual games for Bandai, Mattel, Spin Master, and Disney, including Pair of Kings: Pyramid of Puzzles.
• Designing and directing soon-to-be-published iPhone game for Jet Morgan Games and mobile phone games based on NBC Sports and other licenses for Abandon Mobile.
• Directing thirty-person 3DO development team for five years, including the creation of Heroes of Might & Magic III strategy game, cited by PC Gamer as the 25th “Best Game of All Time.”
• Producing two children’s MMOG’s: Bakugan Dimensions for Spin Master and Freaky Creatures for Abandon Interactive, as well as related casual games and websites.
• Assuming production of Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines first-person action RPG, in mid-development and supervising the developer on-site to bring the project back on-focus and going on to win ActionTrip and RPGVault’s “Best RPG" of the year awards.
• Producing and designing, with author Harlan Ellison, I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream, named by Computer Gaming World magazine as the “Best Adventure Game" of the year.
• Producing children's videogames for The Walt Disney Company for four years.
David has spoken at the Game Developer’s Conference on the topics of virtual worlds, game production, game design and adapting intellectual properties; served as an industry mentor with the USC GamePipe Lab; currently the lead faculty of the Los Angeles Film School's game production department and on the board of the International Game Developers Association Los Angeles Chapter; and participates on the Boy Scouts of America Game Design Merit Badge Team.