Code of Conduct
In using our website, you agree to follow our Code of Conduct. Violation of our Code of Conduct may result in the immediate removal of a user.
Mentors may not:
- solicit students to pay for your services through a Third-Party payment platform.
- harass students in anyway, including harassment about any ratings you receive on your profile. If you have any concerns about a particular user, please contact us.
- lie or make untruthful claims about your expertise or your ability to help.
- make promises you do not intend to honor.
Students may not:
- try to persuade mentors into receiving payment via a Third-Party payment platform. If you do so and the mentor does not deliver, you will be fully responsible for your loss.
- harass mentors to provide you with free help.
- spam requests or send mentors messages about things that are unrelated to the services provided by this website.
If you encounter a user who is spamming you, insulting you or generally abusing you in any way. Please contact us immediately.
3 Day Reply Policy
We expect users to be able to reply to requests in a timely manner. Mentors that don't reply to a request within 3 business days may face the removal of their mentor listing. We want to create a vibrant and active user base. We understand everyone is busy and mentors may be in crunch time. So replying in a timely manner may be very difficult. However a one sentence reply stating you are currently very busy is much better approach than no reply at all. Communication is key! Mentors can always update their listing with current availability.
Confidentiality and Ethics
Both mentors and students have a responsibility to treat each other with dignity and respect and to behave in an ethical manner. Both parties should identify things they want kept confidential before, during and after any mentoring session. Confidentiality and ethics means a lot to us at Game Dev Mentors and something that everyone needs to respect and uphold when using this service.
The Removal of a User
We have the right to remove any users from Game Dev Mentors and terminate their right to use this service, without any specific reason and without being liable for compensation. This is not something we would do lightly and would only do so if a user is abusing our system or abusing our users in any way.
No guarantees of the functioning of the Game Dev Mentors service are given. The users are themselves responsible for their actions in the service and they should estimate the reliability of other users before dealing with them. The service provider can under no circumstances be liable for damage that is caused to the user. The user may not store any information or data in the service and expect it to remain there.
While we hope that everyone has a great experience using our service. We understand that sometimes things can go wrong. Mentors could lie, make false claims, not show up to arranged meetings and abuse the system. If a mentor is clearly in the wrong and does not help the student. Game Dev Mentors will step in to help resolve the conflict. In order to receive a refund we will contact both parties and try and resolve the conflict first. If all fails and the mentor is in the wrong we can refund the mentoring session. Keep in mind this is a case by case basis and we will need to hear from both sides. We want all our user to feel safe using the service. Game Dev Mentors is here to help you!
Changes to this Agreement