An accomplished interactive designer who has been the driving force for dozens of successful videogames – having creative skills to mentor and collaborate with designers and artists; project management skills to properly balance quality with schedule and budget constraints; and technical skills to translate design concepts into formulas and algorithms.
• Wrote 100+ page Game Design Documents for iPhone real-time strategy game for Jet Morgan Games and online graphic adventure game for Gamers Digital.
• Created wireframes for enertainment websites and casual games created for Bandai America, Mattel and Spin Master.
• Designed levels and gameplay for Disney’s Pair of Kings: Pyramid of Puzzles strategy game.
• Managed design for two children’s online games: Tech Deck Live multiplayer online game and Zoobles entertainment website for the Spin Master toy company.
• Designed and wrote dialog, with author Harlan Ellison, for I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream, named by Computer Gaming World magazine as the “Best Adventure Game of the Year” and one of the “150 Best Games of All Time.”
• Co-created the Boy Scouts of America’s Game Design Merit Badge.
David has spoken at the Game Developer’s Conference on the topics of virtual worlds, game production, game design and adapting intellectual properties; served as an industry mentor with the USC GamePipe Lab; currently the lead faculty of the Los Angeles Film School's game production department and on the board of the International Game Developers Association Los Angeles Chapter.